Wednesday, March 4, 2009

follow the yellow brick road


Lucky me- to have such great friends in Seattle. I just got back from the emerald city, and must tell all about the highlights of my trip. The goal of this trip was to see things I haven't seen before.

1) Dining at "how to cook a wolf", a delightfully innovative restaurant on Queen Anne. All menu items are meant to be shared- and they arrive in sequence, so you dine on one dish at a time with your friends. My favorite was the golden beet salad with pistachios- I'm going to try to replicate it with the help of my friend John, who is masterful in the kitchen.

2) The view from Queen Anne- at Kerry Park

3) shopping at Whole Foods Market- My first visit, and coming from a city with only Walmart, Albertsons and Costco- it truly was an experience. Mostly loved the stories of how the food comes to the table. Best of all was the home cooked meal John made- featuring a gorgeous piece of halibut with a light panko pine nut crust- best fish I've ever had. Thanks John!

4) Of course the current Chihuly at Museum of Glass in Tacoma. A sizable piece from a private collection, this splendid golden-green tangle just glows, evoking a Muranese lagoon.

5) Fabulous conversation with my friends Vickie and David while dining on a late breakfast at Lola. Good times I tell ya! Love you and miss you all...

1 comment:

Sondra said...

Have you forgotten our very own,
CO-OP? Good Earth Market.
It's really pretty good for such a
conservative town.