Wednesday, August 13, 2008

little things that spark

Most days I come across something that "makes" my day-{usually while putting my work on hold and perusing the web or a great magazine or an e-mail forward from a friend}. Mostly it's little things that inspire bigger things later.

As a designer { maybe more of a re-purposer, because I still haven't reinvented the wheel}, I have a box of inspiration- things that maybe, just maybe, will make sense or spark something when the time is right. This blog is just that- An online box of happiness, madness, color and whatever. Check back often - and comments are welcome.

Is anyone out there still thrifting? I was speaking to my friend and client Chick Meek (fabulous handbags and great website) in Minneapolis the other day and we were chatting about thrifting and collecting. We both started collecting vintage pottery- mostly McCoy and Bauer because of the influence and good taste of our mutual friend David Marks. I told her I hadn't been out for a "pottery score" for quite some time, because my house is going to burst with the four color stories I have going on. Don't know what do with it but I still am in love with the glossy color, hefty weight in hand, and shape-

I posted a pic of some of my favorite Bauer- two gigantic McCoys and some LuRay madness. I'm thrifting tomorrow so I'll let you know what I "score" during my morning venture in the best of Billings Montana's thrift spots.

2 comments:

Chick said...

Tana, just wanted to let you know loved what you had to say! what are we going to do with all that pottery? re-purpose?

David said...

I do have FABULOUS taste - thanks for the shout out to your boy!