Wednesday, January 28, 2009

nice package

One of the reasons I would love to open a retail shop is because I love great packaging (For some reason, my husband doesn't think that's reason enough...). The photo is of my sisters birthday presents- the glitter tag is reincarnated for special birthdays!

Even back in my retail days, I loved folding someone's purchase and wrapping it in tissue first before placing it in a bag. Today when I shop with my daughter at our local mall, I want to just grab her purchase and fold it before it carelessly gets stuffed into a bag. My first experience being wowed by the way my purchase looked was in Paris in 1988. I was seriously in a trance as my purchase was wrapped with care, then placed in a unique bag or box, then tied with real silk ribbon. And it wasn't just at the big name stores- little boutiques excelled in packaging as well- just part of the Parisian retail culture- ohh la la!

There are retailers out there that get it, packaging is reborn at places like the JUICY boutique, where the bag and box just knocks you out. The JUICY box {from my friend David} that was under our Christmas tree had my daughter in a total spaz the entire month of December. She even hung it on her wall like a piece of art, now that's great packaging!
Does great packaging excite you? Do you have a "signature" gift wrap? Let us know!

No comments: